Monday 14 March 2016

Guatemala: Love Needs No Translation

Love needs no translation.

Let's just take that in for a moment. Love. It does not need a translation. 

"My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and truth". 
1 John 3:18 

Regardless of what language you speak, you can show love to others. It is not something that needs to be said, but something that can be shown. How wonderful is that? 

I believe that as a Jesus follower, He is living inside of me. In His word, He tells us that 'God is love' (1 John 4:8) and if He is living inside of us, then that love is inside of us.  I don't know about you, but I want that love to pour out of me everywhere that I go. I want everyone, regardless if I speak their language or if we are from the same country, or not, to feel that love. I pray that His love would radiate from me, wherever I go. 

As you may have heard, I am going on a trip to Guatemala in August this year! The purpose of the trip is to serve, and to love. In Guatemala their native tongue is Spanish, not English. There are a lot of people on our team who are nervous about the language barrier, that we will no doubt encounter. But, I believe - and I know - that LOVE needs NO translation. Regardless if we speak Spanish, or if they speak English, I know that God + His love, is going to shine through us in everything we do. To love God, is to love people. And by serving others, we are sharing the Gospel without saying a word. 

When you step outside your comfort zone, go out into the world and show love to those around you... I hope you are ready for anything! 
In omnia paratus 









No comments:

Post a Comment